Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Prelude to Earth Day

Tomorrow is Earth Day and many of the communities we live in will be undertaking initiatives to support eco-friendly decisions. For example, free transit all day.

I honestly won't be doing anything extraordinarily different from what I do every day to reduce my carbon footprint - but perhaps sharing my current habits will give others ideas to adopt themselves not only for Earth Day tomorrow, but for every day:

I already take the bus or bike, or sometimes run.
I unplug all electronics when they are not in use.
I have a clean air plant in my room.
I use cloth bags.
I recycle, recycle, recycle.
and so on...

One thing extra that I will do tomorrow will not be an act of eco-justice. I will have a moringa tree planted on my behalf by
Trees for the Future
TFT is an organization that helps communities worldwide restore rural areas. They deliver agroforestry training and offer a seed distribution program to help communities protect their environment and preserve their livelihood and culture.



On Earth Day, TFT will plant a tree for me (and you too!) by visiting LaCoupe's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment