Monday, April 19, 2010

D&P and Me

What brings me to Development and Peace?

Development and Peace funds Youth Solidarity Trips to countries in the Global South as a means for youth interested in social justice to create solidarity with others.

Solidarity is
a unity of purpose or togetherness

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity)

This August, D&P is sending 10 Canadian youth (5 English, 5 Francophone) to the Philippines to learn about the conditions of poverty locals live with there, and what they are doing to bring themselves out of the injustices they face.
Youth Solidarity Trip Philippines 2010


As a member of this group, I will be a witness to these stories and bring them home to Canada to educate my fellow citizens on the realities of the Global South.

My commitment through this mission to act on Global Issues and communicate back to my own community in Canada is the
heart of a global mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment