Monday, April 19, 2010

My Weekend with Development and Peace

This past weekend I traveled to Sorrento, B.C. to observe the Development and Peace B.C. Regional Meeting. It was an opportunity for me to connect with the key players and supporters in B.C. and dig deeper into the heart of this organization.


I met members from all 6 of the Diocesan Council in B.C., as well as staff of D&P (both from the B.C. region and my home(!) region of Ontario, AND including two other youth. I listened in and took so many notes on ideas and opportunities I could see myself grasping as my personal work for the organization.
And so...
My own Strategic Plan for how I will educate, advocate, and fundraise for D&P is now beginning to form.


As well...
My own Voice is starting to ring through.
I responded to the invitation to contribute to conversations, as well as the challenge to bring my own thoughts to the table. The big one for me was contributing my own Flip! for the video that will be presented at an assembly for the organization in June - I knew this was something I had to do as a new youth for D&P, and that this form of expression is a behaviour that effective leaders exhibit.
Thus, I am learning and taking on new challenges for this organization and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment